Sunday, February 15, 2026

Back to Just Good Ol' Blogging

I've given up on the "100 Days Challenge" but I haven't give up on blogging overall, of course! I feel really good today. I bought some meds from Canada and it's going well. Minus a bit of constipation, but I was still able to "go" so that's good.

It was a busy day and I did some client work. It felt good to do it! I like this client a lot, as I enjoy working for life sciences, and the sciences in general. The client's client may also be from the Bay Area so I really like that too.

It feels good to blog, just for the sake of blogging and not have a goal in mind. I don't really write to goals, I write to process. But it was a good habit to blog consecutively for awhile and it did get me back into the writing habit.

Guess what? It's been six months since I moved! I can't believe half a year has flown by. So much has happened, and yet so much has simplified. I'm saying "no more" to toxic relationships, and I'm saying "yes" to Memphis culture. It's a new beginning in my life and I'm letting go of things that no longer serve me.

For instance, I said good bye to an old friend. She was increasingly negative to me, and when she criticized my wedding, that was the straw the broke the camel's back. I can't be a punching bag anymore. I said good bye to another friendship that was also on the negative side. Well, she said good bye to me, but I was ready for it.

I'm also saying good by to being overly busy, or going out so much on weekends, but I am saying yes to the Memphis literary culture and community. I've been going to a few readings here and there, mainly at one bookstore that has an amazing event space. I've been befriending people I've been interviewing for the paper, which feels really neat. I'm saying yes to new friends and to new opportunities. I'm saying yes to slowing down. I'm saying yes to working hard and having fun at the same time. I'm saying yes to a more humble life. I'm saying yes to my husband, each and every day (even though he may say I say no a lot lol). I'm saying yes to tried and true friends, no matter where they live. I'm saying yes to understanding my elderly MIL. I'm saying yes to being a good (beta) kitty mom. I'm saying yes to new approaches to my mental health. I'm saying yes to small town communities. I'm saying yes to a possible new home for our future. There is so much to say yes to these days!

No comments: