Thursday, June 13, 2024

Refresh

I've been thinking about how to enter the "badass" stage of my life: my mid 40s into my 50s. I'm getting old! Like, really.

I have a hair cut to show that I want to be a badass, but it doesn't necessarily make me one. Of course. I want to change, I really do. I just need to noodle on it some more.

A show that really makes me think about female badasses is Killing Eve. The two lead female roles are both sharp, smart, and have killer style. It's a cat and mouse show that I really like. Sandra Oh is a smart actress and the assassin is a very excellent actress, too. I want to watch more but I want to make it "special" at the same time. Like I don't want to binge watch this. I want to savor it. Or actually, it's an English speaking show I can watch while I'm walking at the gym. Yes, I've been into multi-tasking lately, not really me, but something I've been doing. Like cooking and listening to a podcast. Or taking out the dishes from the dishwasher while listening to a friend talk about her problems. Or listening to music while in the shower. This all sounds like I could go on and on about pairs of activities. 

What I need is a new-ness. Maybe better skin. Maybe maintaining a new haircut, maybe having a new physique, maybe a new short story? I'm not sure yet what this all means. I don't want to hype it up too much b/c if I move to M, everything is going to, well, suck. I think I just want to go out with a bang.

No comments: