Tuesday, March 05, 2024

Logical Flow

Last night my writing group met over Zoom. It was so good to see them, albeit virtually. But I like the focus and commitment that it takes to be a part of this group, and I feel inspired by everyone's writings. I feel so lucky to be a part of it, especially after feeling "lost" for a few years with my writing. I feel a re-birth, re-ignited, more passionate and more excited. I think my best work is yet to come!

So AWP is in LA next year. I'm definitely going. It would be stupid NOT to go, right? I mean, I'll have to Uber everywhere, but I think I can afford it. I hope I can. I'll have to save up waaayyy more than I'm initially thinking. So it's going to be good to lay low for a while. I've made all my friends, no need to be excessive about it. At least not right now.

A friend made a rude statement about being repetitive with asking about her address. She is somewhat selfish. I don't agree with getting drunk to the point where you can't remember what you said the night of getting drunk. I mean, all that doesn't really bother me, but it doesn't exactly inspire me either. I want to become a parent, at least I want to give it a try. That means being fiscally responsible, being reliable to another person, and having an early bedtime. I'm hoping that if I move to Memphis, I'll be closer to A. Maybe we can rekindle our relationship? But I shouldn't hope for something that may not be mutual.

I feel grumpy, or like I have more boundaries. But my thoughts are more positive, though my outward expression seems "negative". I think I'm just getting old. LOL

No comments: