I did a full body weight training session by myself today and I felt so good after! It's kind of incredible how peaceful and grateful weight training makes me feel after. I wonder if I would feel this way if I worked out in the mornings? Hmm. Something to think about.
I got 2 shoutouts last Friday - one from T and one from C. T is my manager and is an amazing person. C is a helpful, friendly, upbeat person who is also on the Sales Team. I haven't been recognized this much and this widely in my entire career. Not since parents were praising me with teaching Creative Writing to their children.
What is my story for today?
There was a 40-something, ex-athlete who didn't believe in herself anymore. She looked in the mirror, and saw something so frightening: a monster with bulging limbs and hair in the wrong places. She looked away, horrified. Tears trickled out of the corners of her eyes.
She went to an apothecary. She asked, "Is there something I can take to make me look pretty?"
"There is," the apothecary said. But the elixir contains a rare herb, something that is only found in the Himalayas. I can try to get it to you in 6 months, no sooner."
"Fine, I can wait. As long as you think it will work?"
"I don't guarantee it, but I've had good results with past patients."
She walked home, deep in thought. Would it make me prettier? Would I be able to face myself in the mirror? She cried herself to sleep that night.
No comments:
Post a Comment