First, I went to a book club reading, primarily for Chinese Americans, and we talked about CC's memoir. I also told them my story of contacting CC and they thought it was neat. It was fun but I also got flashbacks of hanging out with Chinese Americans in college and felt kind of like a minority within a minority. It's an interesting feeling and I wish the feelings were different, and they kind of are different. I did have a lot of fun and the food was really good.
Then, I went to The Racket reading where I heard LJ and MC read their fiction and it was so inspiring! I wonder if my fiction can be good enough to read at a large reading like that. I think I need some work. I need to get into a groove of starting and finishing a full short story. And then I talked to a bunch of writers who are apart of TR and I saw a mutual friend there and shew as really nice and introduced me to all the TR people she came with.
Finally, today, I met up with SF Koreans and we did a hike and went out to eat after. I was full of energy so I did a lot of talking. I think it's b/c I took SRC last night so I was feeling really good. LOL. I had a LOT of fun with this group and really, really like it actually. I also made a friends with a potential running buddy, so I have work on my running endurance and stamina to be able to run with other people who love running.
And now I'm back home and I'm going to start on some writing.
No comments:
Post a Comment