Saturday, December 09, 2023

Tale End of Something

At this morning's pilates class, as I was waiting for the class before to end and as I was peering through the window in amazement at the moves and motions they were doing in the class before the pilates class, a woman, maybe in her early 50s, struck up a conversation with me.

"Are you in the next class?" she asked.
"Yes! I am! And I'm so excited!" I replied.
"Me, too.."

Then as we kept talking, we exchanged names and she gave me the skinny on all the good classes the my gym offers. And she especially satiated my curiosity on the strength training classes that my gym offers. She said it is "very good" and encouraged me to try it.

Then the class before ended, and we rushed in to take our spots.

And the class KICKED MY BUTT. Omigosh! I couldn't do everything even!

Then as class ended, and I was putting away the mat I used beneath my yoga mat, I saw N talking to another woman, probably in her late 40s/early 50s. And I realized they were both SO FIT. Nancy saw me walking up to put my mat away, and she introduced me to the woman she was talking to! It was so nice of her.

We proceeded to talk about how good the classes are, that we also want to build a sense of community, that we should all get coffee together in a couple weeks, and then talked about the OH SO FUN topic, no sarcasm, really, about.. WORKOUT CLOTHES. I loved it. I love looking cute at the gym and I love it when other people, namely femme identified people, wear fun things to workout.

I was SO happy. I had been hoping to make friends at the gym, but didn't know how to do it! And now I have made TWO friends. I'm so excited. 

No comments: