I just got home from tutoring my student. She told me that she has improved in Reading and English in school! What great news! And I could tell her reading skills have gotten better when she did some reading aloud during our lesson. I'm so excited for her! There is so much I want to teach her and I'm so with it to be able to transfer this knowledge.
So on Saturday, I had brunch with an old friend and her husband. A lot has happened since I last saw her, which was before 2015, or before I moved in with C, and she was so warm to me! Her husband was really funny and cracked a lot of jokes. I wanted to be funnier, but felt a little uncomfortable. We all became friends after an unforgettable summer at a Korean language program in 2001. But a lot has changed since then, and I've changed a lot, too. But, nonetheless, it was so good to see her, actually.
Then I went to an art show spontaneously after seeing one of my friend's IG stories. It was actually are a really cool show and I met her friend, who is also an Asian American woman fiction writer. There was so much to talk about! It was fun!
After I came home from a fun day, I did a long, rigorous walk and it felt SO GOOD. But I kind of feel sore today, plus, it's raining cats and dogs right now so I've decided to skip my workout and WRITE (and READ, too! AND do my laundry.)
I am in the writing mood so I'm going to work on a short story.
No comments:
Post a Comment