Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Make Me Feel, Mighty Real

Today I talked to HR about my options for time off for my surgery. They recommended a LOA, especially since my doctor said to take 2 weeks off. It's going to require a doctor's note, paperwork, and doing paperwork to get SDI. I think I should do it b/c I don't know how painful the recovery is going to be, well, I do know it's supposed to be extremely painful, but you never know until it actually happens.

**
I miss P. She is a long-time friend, and I don't have many of those. There is S but she seems super busy. I guess she has a pretty vibrant life in NYC. I mean, who wouldn't? I wish I had another friend from high school I could reminisce with... hmm, I'll have to brainstorm that one. But P is taking thing at a slower pace, I think, and working on her happiness. She is always improving and trying to make herself a better person each day. She just talks a lot about problems sometimes and gets angry, but I love her and accept her. I think I just got burnt out.

**

C is going to be here in a few weeks. I have to do lots of cleaning before hand, like dusting everywhere, mopping floors, cleaning the bath tub, and washing the bedding for two beds. I hope it isn't too hot while he's here, but that could very well happen. It's hot in SL. It's about 5 degrees hotter than O. 

**

On writing. I'm becoming a stronger writer after joining the writer's group that C invited me to. I'm so happy! I feel like this is the best it's been since grad school, which was so long ago. Maybe that's incorrect but I haven't felt this excited about my writing in a long time.

No comments: