Lately, I've been wanting to be alone. To write, to rest, to meal prep. But perhaps this solitude isn't making me a good friend. P and S both needed time. But R is right there with me. I appreciate her so much. Recently I asked if I could help her with job interviewing skills. I think she was slightly offended. I just wanted to offer support. But I gave it some thought and apologized in case that offer was offensive. She did feel taken aback but appreciated my apology and my support in general. I want to be careful with this one.
***
They say how you treat your relationships are reflected by the way you treat yourself. That makes a lot of sense. I think I need to reflect more on how I treat people overall. But the cool thing is I no longer feel lonely. So I don't feel desperate to talk to someone all the time. Which is a vast improvement! Now I have to find joy in the little things. In my writing group, in tutoring, in my relationship with my manager, in my text exchanges with C, in my catch ups with R.
***
When October comes around, I want to do a REVAMP:
-Stronger writing: more sharp and less redundant
-Stronger friendships: don't take them for granted and find joy in togetherness, without being needy
-Stronger bond with C: have discussions about our future that we both decide upon
-Stronger skills at work: Watch Canva tutorials and WP Bakery
-Stronger family member: Joke around, try to make my family members laugh
No comments:
Post a Comment