Saturday, November 16, 2024

Leveling Up

The holidays are around the corner and that means another year will close. When the heck did that happen?? Time has been going by so fast. But one thing I'm realizing, I need to prioritize my family and loved ones even more.

I've been so focused on finding the right job, ever since I began my corporate career in comms in 2019. I feel so grateful of that first role, and getting a taste at what it felt like to write as one of my main tasks. It felt good, satisfying, enjoyable, and something I felt that I was good at. Then came the next few series of roles where I was happy with the work, but not always with the company I was at. 

It didn't all come together until I became an employee at S. It's almost been two years and I've learned so much and benefited so much. My finances finally got the upswing it needed, my enjoyment for copywriting has grown exponentially, and my overall sense of peace has gotten so much better, too.

And you know what? I'm actually really cognizant of how important my friends and family have been during this time. Some friends have came and gone, but some friends have stayed true. The ones I've had for a while are like family now, and the ones that have gone? I'm grateful for them, too. They all taught me so much about what it means to be a good friend, and what I want and even don't want in a friendship.

Now, as I get ready to go into the holidays, I feel a tremendous sense of gratitude. I feel happy and fulfilled, and this is something that I have God to thank for. I don't usually thank Him, but I think I should. I'll be happy to go to church with my mom, brother, and Chris during Xmas to celebrate.

No comments: