C is visiting is sis, bro in law, and his niece. His niece has a great job and has her own house! Whoa! Talk about all grown up. It makes me think: what is like to have a house? My God. I think it would be fun to design and decorate. I follow some interior designers on IG and it seems like it would be fun to do some DIY types of things.
I'm learning how to live with more space with my current apartment. It's 1050 square feet which is a little less than double the size of my last apartment, which was just a 1-bedroom. Though on retrospect it was a tight squeeze for me and C, at the time I though it felt good. We weren't in each other's way, though sometimes we got on each other's nerves as C always wanted the screen door open. My apartment now has tons of windows and I think C would really like it here. Sigh. If only.
I wonder if I want to stay in the bay or do I really want to move to Memphis? I wonder what is best for my future kid. I think if we were to adopt a young child from Japan, they would feel more comfortable in San Leandro than Memphis, I think. But then again, kids are super resiliant and can adapt in even difficult situations.
But I can only research now. I don't have the money yet to make this a reality. It's going to take some time to create a nest egg.
I think I have to radically change my spending habits: no more buying clothes, no more eating out. I think that alone will help me save thousands each year. I have to change from a spending mindset, to a saving one. I think R helps me think about how to save. She seems frugal, which is really good.
No comments:
Post a Comment