Last night at the Tamarack, I read my poem, "Darkness to Light" as apart of the Moondrop reading. All the readers were so good and the crowd was warm and receptive. I said "Hi" before reading and the audience gave me a huge, warm, collective "HI".. and I was like, "Whoa! That was awesome.." I loved it. I want to do more readings! That means I have to up my production and start sending stuff to journals to get published online and get my name out there--I'm ready! Well, need to do some more writing, but let's get this going!
I also found out from one intercountry adoption agency that I need to have been married for 3 years in order to qualify... the first person I talked to actually said to try to adopt as a single person and not to wait as I'm getting older and I will be too old soon. I think she's right. I think I'm ready. I have to break it to Chris, but I think I'm just going to move forward!
Today was the first hot day of the year: 79 degrees. I didn't really notice as I was working, which was nice. But it was warm when I did my evening exercise, which felt amazing. Then I came home and ate an Annie's frozen meal, Broccoli Mac and Cheese. I also ate a hard boiled egg to get in more protein.
Now, into my early 40s, I think I need to change my diet: add more protein and collagen. I should drink Life Shake with Collagen-9 and Organic Greens during my lunch and then eat a salad for dinner. It's so hard to motivate myself to eat salad though, I don't know what my deal is.
No comments:
Post a Comment