On Friday I had a free 15-min consultation with a lawyer who works on adoption cases. She does not do international adoption and said that there aren't many lawyers who do international adoption cases. She does do domestic and only for babies. She also said it can take 1.5 years to be placed with a baby. She doesn't find birth mothers, and the process is very much a partnership.
Due to C and I being older, I'm thinking that international adoption is best. Maybe we can connect with a toddler or a young child. I don't think that we can handle a baby.
After doing some quick internet searches, it seems very difficult to adopt from South Korea. But it's supposed to be easy to adopt from China. Japan might also be a possibility. I think I have to be more open minded with choosing a country to adopt my future child with. I'm open to Japan and China. I'll have to do some more research and maybe I'll make some phone call to agencies and just ask some basic questions. I think I need to start asap.
No comments:
Post a Comment