Thursday, April 13, 2023

Inspired

 Last night I went to a Club Chixulub reading and it was EPIC. I also sat next to a guy who is writing a book that takes place in my hometown! WTF?! It was fate that we were meant to meet. But he kept touching me slightly which was a little weird. He seemed like an overall nice guy though. I friended him on Facebook. Then the Asian American woman who sat on my other side, she introduced me to a bunch of people and was really friendly.

The readings were so amazing. They weren't as good as the LitCrawl reading, but they made an impact. I loved the one about the woman who played with the idea of adoption. Then she was given a baby by aliens at the end of the story. I identified with it so hard. The story about the raging mouth on the woman's knee was also compelling. They were all good. I loved it.

Then after the reading concluded, I talked to L, who was a reader at LitCrawl. She is super cute and seems to like me. I hope to hang out with her sometime.

I'm not sure what this is all going to lead to, but I'm finding myself in the middle of a growing lit community once more, one that I feel more intensely than the East Bay scene. The East Bay scene is little more raunchy and gritty; this SF scene is a sci fi/speculative fiction inspired community. 

It makes me want to stay in the Bay all the more.

No comments: