In the name of Storytelling! I love it. I'm passionate about it. I know it. I've taught it. Now I'm helping to implement, or remind, people of the power of storytelling. It's not only enjoyable and creative, but it connects people and creates a shared experience. And it's fun getting creative! People should have fun with sharing stories about their lives.
Some of my stories:
A List of Firsts - The first time I kissed a boy; the first time I landed an axel, then the first time I landed a double axel; my first day of college; my first day at my first job (in South Korea); my first time in a pw; my first time writing a longer MS; my first time falling in love (and only time); the first time I meant "I love you" to a guy; the first time I lost someone close in my life, lost a loved one.
A Time When I Made a Mistake and Learned from It - When I realized what CB meant by "practice doesn't make perfect; perfect practice makes perfect"; how to read college level texts; how to write a story that was bad at first but then got better; my yoga practice with different styles of yoga; how to write poetry and then getting better at prose; how to teach a young student the elements of writing and storytelling.
"My WHY" - Why do I write? Why do I exercise? Why do I love my partner? Why do I think of myself as a creative? Why do I blog?
I like these ideas!
No comments:
Post a Comment