Saturday, August 24, 2024

Hello, I Love You, It's Been Awhile

Hello, dear blog!

It's been awhile since I've written in this space. What's going on? What's new? I'm planning for a huge life change in a year. And steps to take to get ready have officially begun! No waiting on the corporate world to make the decision for me; instead, I'm putting myself, and my future family, first.

I've been writing about my "why" behind all this. To be with my one and only. To start a family with him. To move on with my life, to move forward.

The Bay Area has been my home for such a long time. Only second longest to my home state, the Mitten. It has shaped me to be a strong writer, to be a literary community participant, to find my niche in my career, and to find myself, my confidence, my passion, and my purpose.

Now I must getting ready for this huge shift. Mentally, emotionally, financially. I love my career and where it's headed, but I know I'll need to work from ground zero again, just like I did when I loved to Seoul, and just like I did when I moved to SF all those years. I have to reflect on what worked in each of those transitions, and I think what will help me most is education. Not another Master's Degree, no, I can't afford that. But some courses that are affordable that will keep me moving in the right direction. A set of courses that will help me transform and start fresh with new skills. I'm excited. 

Hopefully things at S will continued to go well. I've improved so much in the last 1.5 years at S and I have T to thank for most of that. She has been a compassionate and talented mentor, someone who truly cares even beyond the corporate space. That is a rare thing to find in the corporate world. I hope to always keep in touch with her, no matter where I find myself.

I'm excited and I'm ready.

No comments: