Friday, November 03, 2023

Gearing Up

So my recovery from my surgery went much better than anticipated. I think my surgeon gave the worse-case-scenerio regarding pain and how long it would take to recover. And I took just the right amount of PTO days from my work. I was able to go back and sit for 8 hour straight. At first, it took a lot of energy to do that, but it got better every day.

I'm fully recovered! I can move on with so many things in my life now. Things are falling more into place. However, I do now have a bunion that hurts when I walk/run on cement. It's actually a lot better when I walk/run on a treadmill. It's probably better for my knees, too.

Now that I don't have awful h's blocking my exercise, I can actually get into a routine. And yesterday I had a free session with a personal trainer. We did some arm exercises and an core exercise. It worked my muscles! And then when I came home after, I wasn't starving. I think it's b/c resistance training actually increases testosterone, which may be beneficial to me since I'm starting perimenopause. 

It's so different when I walk or do some jogging. After I'm done, I'm starving. Even after CPY I feel starving. So it's actually tough to lose weight doing those activities b/c they increase my appetite. I don't really want to lose that much weight, maybe only 5 pounds overall. I would feel more comfortable with myself if I lost the last 5 pounds as a part of my weightloss journey.

I might take the lessons at the gym in December. I am really excited about it and think about how much I want to do it.

No comments: