Saturday, November 11, 2023

Last Night Was Off the Hook

Last night was so much fun. I met up with a Meetup group and we went out to eat Korean food then we went to a Korean American themed bar that had such beer as kimchi sour beer and yuzu beer. I had a lot of fun! Everyone seemed to be in a jovial mood and said both personal tidbits but also cracked a lot of jokes. So it was a light and uplifting mood throughout the whole night. 

It's actually be a LONG time since I had so much fun with a group of people. The last time I was at a group outing was YEARS ago. Maybe 2016. I can't even remember! Since growing apart from my grad school friends, it was kind of shocking and I needed a break from group outings. I didn't want "heart break" from it not working out. So I focused on one-on-one interactions -- and that's been going so well! OH okay. I actually I went to a dinner party at a good friends house about 3 weeks ago. There were 5 of us. So it was a smaller group but that was so much fun too! I think with that one, the people were more of my age.

But last night, everyone was a Korean American. And we talked a little bit about our experiences being Korean Americans. Not a lot, but just a enough to help us feel like we could identify with one another. I especially liked the humor of some of the women. It made me feel comfortable and safe. Though I should remember not to trust strangers too much--I just met them afterall. But it makes me want to go to another Meetup. I hope I can make the next one.

No comments: