Friday, September 15, 2023

What Have I Got

A certain "friend" is ghosting me, and I think I won't check in with her anymore. I'm too old to be playing games with people who aren't trusting, loyal, and compassionate. Life is too short for that! 

I'm lucky:

-I have a boyfriend who deeply loves and cares for me

-Supportive family that I can confide and find guidance and love from

-Close friends I have been nurturing for many years now

-A writing group who inspires me, challenges me, and helps me produce my best writing

-A job that I truly love with the best manager I've had in my career

-Medicines that truly work and help me to be the best version of myself

I need to focus on these positives and continue to water and nurture them. I'm truly lucky to have all this! Not everyone has all this, you know? Life can get hard, difficult, and stressful and you have to hustle to keep up in the Bay. It's an expensive place that is bougie and can be somewhat snobby.

But I've learned and grown since moving here in 2009. I think I need more friends b/c my bestie, A, moved away a year ago. But I'm finding more peace in my alone time, more satisfaction for a life that I'm creating for myself. There is so much good happening in my life right now. I should be more careful on who I let into my inner circle.

No comments: