Saturday, September 16, 2023

How have I grown? How else will I grow?

Indeed, I think I felt a little stuck in O. The apartment felt limiting and chaotic - so many old, un-working, uncomfortable pieces of furniture and other just... stuff... everywhere. I kind of felt trapped after awhile. I didn't really go out to restaurants in the area for some reason, I don't really know why I didn't go out as much. I did go to the movies a lot, which I liked.

But now that I'm in SL, I've definitely grown a lot. And I can also somewhat thank S for not hanging out as much b/c it forced me to be more independent, more self-sufficient. Maybe even finding my own rhythm and routine. Finding my voice and joy in my work and writing. Forming professional connections, reaching out to old managers, and improving my health.

Working at G and then at S really improved my quality of life. Working remotely indefinitely has allowed me more time to exercise, less time on busy, dangerous highways, safe on gas, and just spend more time enjoying my creative writing too.

My life has balanced out, matured, grown, and become steady. The medicine was a big factor, but also my growing independence, too.

I think I've always been pretty independent, even as a young woman... but that's a story for another time.

No comments: