Sunday, June 11, 2023

Gratitude

I'm thankful for...

Always the longer days that are spring and summer in the Bay

For my loving boyfriend, who after 15 years has remained loving, loyal, and caring

My beautiful family who are ambitious, smart, talented, awe-inspiring and have quietly supported me without pushing me and have accepted me for who I am

For my writerly friends that I've gotten closer to, to the friends who chose me even though I went through a tough patch and lost a bunch of friends in 2016, which is 7 years ago now, but I have friends I feel more comfortable with, feel more excited about, have more in common with and especially my newer friends like R and S

For my old friends, like P and S, who live thousands of miles away from me but who still cherish our relationship

My job that is amazing--in the duties that I perform, in the manager that truly values me, to our CEO who decided not to lay anyone off during the current recession, and to my amazing colleagues--many whom I've never met in person but find their efforts to be inspiring

My writing practice that in the last couple of years I've become more diligent about

The writing group that invited me to join about 5-6 months ago--I'm so lucky!

No comments: