Went to the dentist today. I thought I had a huge cavity or that my tooth was infected, especially b/c my lower left jaw and back tooth have been aching for a week. So I kept my appointment and went in. The hygeneist did x-rays and did't really find any cavities, though it's not her position to diagnose anything. Then she proceeded with the cleaning and she was very gentle and did a great job.
Then my dentist did an exam and looked at my x-rays. He didn't see any major issues--and said the pain I'm experiencing is probably from TMJ. I was baffled and relieved at the same time. Thank GOD no serious issue was wrong with my left back molars. BUT he did recommend that I come in for a crown.
After we were all done, I scheduled my next appointment--for a Friday in August to get the crown. But when thinking more about the outcome of today's appointment, and trying to pay down my credit card debt, I may delay my appointment for the crown. BUT I might go in and get a mouth guard, which could help the TMJ and wear of my teeth.
**
It's so interesting being so conscious of money these days. It feels new, which is somewhat exciting. After talking to my financial advisor yesterday, she mentioned that when I get a handle on possible budgets I could face when raising a child, first getting my ducks in a row before I partake on that journey, she said my confidence will only grow. It was an impactful statement. I am finding out what it feels like to have good money management--or money strategies--or "long view" money goals. I should think more deeply what my "long view" goals are; though, I know getting ready for trying to adopt is one of them. Maybe I should talk to more single mothers?
No comments:
Post a Comment