Thursday, August 27, 2015

The Next Level

Abuse Amelioration and Natural Health and Rehabilitation Center

This is my dream space. I've always wanted a place that had all my resources in one roof. This a place I dream of, escape to, and ponder about in my spare time. I love thinking about it now. haha Maybe one day, I'll "hate" it, but at least it's better than apathy.

My friends and I have been talking about abusive people, behaviors, and lifestyles in the literary community. The dialogue that people shared, the crusades and Facebook vigilance that people were open about, opened my eyes. It was amazing. That abuse can be turned around! That abusers can face punishment and be called out. But that was only 1 phase of it. A whole community talked about healthier ways of coexisting. A community talked about ways to improve how we think about sexual experiences, and how we talk and write about them.

Many people felt healed by the wave of emotion and expression, though some were ostracized by the calling out. Hmm. I'm not sure what to make of that part just yet. I'm sort of wrapping my mind around the whole miraculous movement.

I will think about what happens to the abuser, one day. But not yet. I have been working on thoughts on healing from trauma, PTSD, depression, mania, worrying and anxiety, panic attacks, and physical abuse that can happen to the brain and body under extreme stress--which may include changes to neurotransmitters, hormone levels (like cortisol and oxytocin), blood circulation, and brusing.

Um, I'm somewhat inconclusive at this point in my thoughts on these solutions. I've only found a few behavior remedies to some of these extreme states.

1. Recognizing/being mindful of the moment. Feeling through your anxiety, and panic. Not fearing it, but releasing from it. Or even transcending it.

2. How weight changes can happen, but it's good to accept them.

3. Slowing down breathing, as a reminder on how to handle stress.

4. Feeling energy levels and different places, and different times of the day.

5. Feeling compassion for anyone.


No comments: