Things have been going great these days. For instance, whenever I catch up with a good friend, whom I haven't seen in awhile, our conversation will go like this:
"Hey Kim!"
"Hey (friend)."
"How are you?"
"I'm good! I'm just great. And you?"
"Yeah, great."
That's how it's been going with the last 20 or so people I've talked to and caught up with. "Hey, how's life these days?" Me: "It's just great!"
It's a weird feeling, being "great". Do I feel like something big and scary is around the corner ready to bite me? No, not really.
I suppose I'm even somewhat expecting to feel that now that I've said that in my blog just now. Am I feeling like that? Let me check. Okay, no, not really.
What can I attribute to the greatness of these current days in my life? Good question! I know when things were going bad, I definitely did a lot of extreme reflection to pin-point exactly where things where going wrong. Hmm. Feels sort of weird to try and "pin-point" why GOODNESS is happening in my life these days.
Let's make a list of some turning point-ish qualities of "It's a Great Life" (Part 1):
1. IN THE MOMENT--The lack of talking about my daily "stuff", or maybe even "drama", or just talking to myself in my car about my issues. Instead, I'm not really thinking about what's going on in my life. I'm just sort of living it, and in the moment. Hmm. I suppose the saying, "No news is good news" makes quite the statement here.
2. RESILIENCE--The abundance of resilience in the face of stress. For instance, when confronted by a negative comment, I often just brush it off and think, "That's not true." Whether or not it's about "truth" is not what really matters. Whether or not it gets to me, and affects my stress levels does. Hmm.
3. SHIELDING ONESELF FROM STRESS--Assessing stress levels quickly. Sometimes, in the face of new, difficult challenges, it's actually very, very easy to feel... SHOCK. Stunned. Paralyzed. Cut deeply. Bleed emotions. Straight up PAIN. But there is a moment, before we even "feel" anything, like the suffering that we all go through, is a moment of nothingness. Empty. Hmm. How do I capitalize on that?
4. FOCUS--My attention is not so much focused on my own perspective, but more of a dialogue with friends, my partner, and colleagues at work. I'm now constantly bouncing off ideas about what I'm thinking, positive improvements for my environment, and how I can better communicate myself to others in a caring and professional manner. I suppose you could say I had difficulties communicating with others, while going through a severe depression.
Now, let's make a list of turning-point moments that have helped to achieve "It's a Great Life" (Part 1):
1. The motivation and energy to work more and to apply for a GREAT job.
2. The opportunity and freedom to talk freely with those in my immediate environment.
3. The luckiness to feel an immediate sense of love and full engagement from a significant other.
4. The mental functional ability to achieve financial stability with the use of proper medications for my illness.
5. The support of a, always will be there for you, circle of friends that now includes BEST friends.
6. The continued support of a loving family that is there for me no matter what I do, how I act, or where I go in the world. Talk about unconditional love.
7. The gaining of control over my environment and delegation of a sense of responsibility to those who have the capacity to do what needs to be done!! Load of stress off my back. Shew. Sigh of relief. Especially in times of crisis! Victory!
Life Lessons from all of this... Hmmm.. I never really write those down. I just sort of think of them when people ask for my advice. Sort of works well that way...
Hmm, there are certain areas of research and book learning that I can do for the future that I do feel very strongly about:
1. The human mind and the capacity to heal oneself, or to liberate one's healing mechanisms. (?)
2. Energy medicine. Of course!
3. Food as medicine, or food as a lifestyle, or food as comfort, or food as... something, something...
4. Herbalism. What's the difference between herbs from around world?
5. Therapy. Forms of therapy, and forms of therapy that are widely accepted throughout different countries. And even those forms that are as widely accepted. What works for people? What doesn't, and why?
6. More blogs and websites about health and holistic healing. What do those words even mean to me?
That's good enough for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment