Patience.
I'm grateful for becoming a more patient person, especially from who I was 15 years ago. Not to say that I didn't have any patience at all then, it was just considerably less. At the ripe age of 19, I embarked on my college career. It was an exciting time. It was a fresh moment in my young adulthood. With fresh eyes, I embraced my new independence, and my own new, intellectual pursuit of wonderous subjects, topics, discussions, organizations, people, places, things... etc. But I was also a very impatient young lady...
My undergraduate college years seem like a stage of memories I often go back to currently, wondering, figuring it out still, and remembering. Somewhat fondly. A time of solitude. A time of peace. And a time of a burgeoning identity. I've made plenty of mistakes within these 15 years, and I feel apologetic in many ways. But I'm hoping that in most ways, I won't keep apologizing for my past. I hope to accept my faults, as everyone, every human on earth, has made some mistake in their lifetime at some point. And, I don't think I can even imagine what a "perfect" person would be like.
With patience comes understanding. With understanding, comes knowledge. And with knowledge, comes power--a good kind of power. The power to lead, the power to change, and power to overcome challenges.
No comments:
Post a Comment