With the nip in the air, there is a slight chill that meets me as I walk out my door at 7 in the morning on a Monday morning. The air is different, and the thought of Autumn sends me briskly walking to the nearest taxi. But there is something about today that is going to be different from the other Mondays; there is a new leaf that needs to be fully turned.
I didn't really know what to do about how my life has been going these days, and I was basically avoiding most of the problems in my life. Without any viable solutions and without any sort of clear direction, it's easy to get lost even after falling into rountine and finding some level of comfort within the daily happenings. So on I went to teach my Business English class for an hour. It's at Chunjgonro, which is either a 800won bus ride away, or a 12 minute and 4,000won taxi ride later. I chose the latter, and was there a minute before class started. A good way to start the week: prepped for teaching, and prepared for my Korean language classes, not to mention, a lot of surprises over the weekend. Heaven knows I was sinking more than I was swimming before this week, as my previous posts show, but the weekend proved to reveal something different, deeper, and altogether unexpectedingly...good.
However, I don't feel completely free, and there are still plenty of unresovled mysteries, engimas, and puzzle pieces that refuse to be placed together, but there was some sort of sunshine through the rain.
I suppose it's like a domino effect, where one person's happiness leads to the happiness of another person, and another, and another. It's true that who you surround yourself, and the environment can socially change a person, and is it for the better? I'm not quite sure what is better for a person, especially after talking about what makes a happy lifestyle. I feel just as clueless as ever about what a truly lifestyle is supposed to be like. But I do feel happy even thinking about a what it could be. But then does happiness have to be at the cost of another's happiness? Are we so closely related in the 21st century that the demise of another person is inevitable?
As altruistic as we try to be, there are very real parts of our human emotions that refuse to die, no matter how much we try to suppress, or change them. There are parts of us that we've consciously created and is it self-sacrificing to think about your own happiness when you know the other person has to be hurting?
No comments:
Post a Comment