Saturday, September 05, 2026

It's Just Routine

I've had doctor's check ups...

I've been going to the gym consistently...

I've been eating clean, mostly...

I'm starting to write more...

I'm working regular hours now...

I have regular hang outs with new friends...

And how does that all feel?

It feels pretty good, actually. I'm really enjoying this sense of predictability, especially after a year of complete new-ness. I can go to the grocery store without using Google Maps, I have a few of my favorite restaurant spots now, and now also a new favorite cafe.

I read an online article about how to keep the spicy-ness in a long-term relationship and one point was to bond over novelty. For me and C, that means trying out new restaurants! We are going to go to a new bagel/bakery spot that opened up it's second location. I'm SO excited! I want to eat a lox and cream cheese bagel. I'm really craving that actually.

There was a bagel spot I went to in Oakland that was part of a chain, Posh Bagels. It was pretty good, satisfying, and I always got the same thing: lox and cream cheese bagel with veggies and cream cheese. It was SO good. But somehow, it didn't feel special. I think it's b/c the interior of the joint didn't have much to it, just some bar style tables and high chairs. 

But I think the place we'll go to tomorrow will have a new luxurious interior, and it's supposed to be a big establishment. 

Can't wait!

No comments: