Wednesday, August 26, 2026

I think I'm addicted...

 ... to a new cafe in town! What else were you thinking?

It's just a five-minute hop-skip-and-drive from my home, a new cafe focused on coffee beans from Ethiopia. The owner is a third-generation coffee bean grower, well, their farms are still in Ethiopia, but he uses beans from his family's farm here in the B town cafe.

The cafe has a beautiful, modern interior, a clean design with white marble-esque flooring with light gray swirls in them, the tables have a black or white marble looking top, the spacing of the tables and chairs isn't over-crowded, and the air conditioner isn't blasting so the temperature is still cool, but also comfortable. It's a lovely aesthetic that they chose, and I'm in love with all of it, and of course with their coffee.

I had the pleasure of talking to the owner, and hearing his story and he talked about his family's coffee legacy. He seems really excited about his cafe and his passion for coffee definitely came through. In the past week, I've been here a whopping three times, I love it so much. It's my new favorite hang out, but also a new place to get some writing done.

**

So let's talk about writing. I need to get back into my groove! Now that things have stabilized: my schedule, my health, my living situation, and my new friendships -- I'm ready to dive back into the imaginative world of fiction. Maybe it stems from the days of my youth, playing make-believe with my childhood friends, or my maybe it started during my college days as an enthusiastic student of Asian American Lit, and then later confiding in this blog as a budding writer, it has been the consistent through-line in my life since I was a young, innocent age of 22 years old.

It is my passion, my identity, my calling, my compulsion, my lifeline to deeper, inner currents that want to be explored, moved, re-written, and called out. I don't think I'll ever stop.


No comments: