Last night was fun, yet slightly awkward.
It went to N last night for a literary journal release party by a university MFA program in the city. It was so good to hear writers read their work. I loved most of what I heard and was surprised to see how progressive the content was that was published in the journal. It's so exciting and refreshing to hear the kind of stories and poems the journal publishes.
I talked to some new people, but I also saw people from the writing Meet Up! It was good to see some familiar faces and talk about the general state of trying to find literary events around town.
The managing editor of the journal also spoke how there isn't a central hub in M that talks about all the literary events and everything seems to be hodge podge. So the journal is starting a newsletter all about M literary events -- I'm so excited! That's sort of the missing piece I felt last year as I made my way to learning about the creative community -- I was like, "Where are all the readings?" I've found some, but it feels a bit different than what I'm used to with having gone to literary events in the Bay Area from 2009 to 2025. That's 16 years of being a part of a particular literary community.
How do I feel about changing gears? It's actually so refreshing. I feel seen, I feel heard, though slightly since I'm just beginning to learn of the beautiful literary community here.
No comments:
Post a Comment