Sunday, August 09, 2026

Ch-Ch-Changes

I'm coming up on my one-year anniversary in Memphis! This year has flown by. So much has changed, some things have stayed the same.

My health!

I recently went in for a couple of check-ups and the results were excellent! I think maybe I'm less lonely so maybe having more day-to-day human interaction is helping my stress levels. Also, I took a round of a certain vaccine (not for Covid) and I think that greatly helped my immune system. Now I just gotta make sure to lower my LDL by January when I go back to see my primary care provider. That means: No fried foods, less red meat, less saturated fats overall.

C has been joining me at the gym! He is inadvertently keeping me accountable. And when my family saw me in mid-July for B's white coat ceremony, they said I looked thinner. I actually haven't lost any weight, according to what the scale says, but I did go through some body recomposition, which is excellent! 

Friendships

I went to a networking event over a week ago and made some good connections and one of them may be going to see the new Spiderman movie with me and L. Yay! It feels good to keep making new connecitons.

Plus, C and I went out with one of his old friends and his wife last night and they were a hoot! So friendly, smart, and excellent conversationalists. We had dinner at AG's and we were there for over three hours. The night flew by and that was a sign that we were all having fun.

Now for an area that needs improvement:

Writing fiction

That has definitely been on the back burner and I need to change that. I need to keep going to my Zoom writing group, and re-join the Meetup at least once a month. I need to make my writing habit more of regular practice. I don't want to get any older and regret not investing myself in my creative writing career.

No comments: