Thursday, April 17, 2025

This Apartment

This apartment is the best placed I've lived in the Bay. 

The second one would be my apartment with C, but that one got too cluttered. C did a good job finding all of our furniture at the beginning. He kept on finding more and more things, and it kind of got to be overwhelming, especially after he left.

My third best apartment was my very first apartment in the Bay. The one in the Mission. It was spacious and relatively affordable, but was considered expensive at the time. But it was peaceful and helped me stay on top of my studies for my first year in grad school. That was so long ago, but when I think of that apartment, I'm so grateful. I thought I was going to live with four, rather strange, guys and on retrospect, I'm so glad I didn't live with them. That would be have been so dirty and awful. 

My least favorite apartment, was the room in Soma. My roommates were great and we had a lot of fun together, but the in-law apartment that was right below my room, they played loud techno at night. It was so irritating. 

There were so many phases and so many seasons I experienced here. So many fun people that I've met, so many passionate writers. So many different personalities. I came to the Bay as a wide-eyed, budding writer. And I'm leaving the Bay as a still passionate, and now seasoned, writer. When saying good bye, I think I'm mostly saying good bye to these places I've lived, and the communities I found myself in. They were my home. 

But it's time to make a new home.


No comments: