We explored the Mission, went to a Cherry Blossom Festival, ate Vietnamese hot pot, looked at my dress, and all attended my Bridal Shower Brunch Tea Party at Lovejoy's. It was SO fun. At the bridal shower, each person, all 16 of them!, filled out an advice card and one memory of me that would help me recognize who wrote it. I tried to speak to most people and mingle, but it was also a tight squeeze so kind of hard to move around, but I did it! Then some lingered after to take pictures. Some gave me gifts and it was SO kind of them. I haven't felt this much love and attention since my graduation from grad school in 2011. And that was a smaller affair. I was in high spirits and also led around a group of ladies as we trekked around SF. I feel so grateful and my heart is so full. I love this whole process of planning a wedding and getting ready to marry the love of my life. I didn't realize there were be so many celebrations but it's kind of amazing.
Wednesday, April 16, 2025
My Bridal Shower Tea Party Weekend
What a weekend! The women in my family got together: My mom, sister, two nieces, cousin, and auntie - all came together to celebrate my marriage to C! Some first came in on Friday night, then the other two came in on Saturday morning.
We explored the Mission, went to a Cherry Blossom Festival, ate Vietnamese hot pot, looked at my dress, and all attended my Bridal Shower Brunch Tea Party at Lovejoy's. It was SO fun. At the bridal shower, each person, all 16 of them!, filled out an advice card and one memory of me that would help me recognize who wrote it. I tried to speak to most people and mingle, but it was also a tight squeeze so kind of hard to move around, but I did it! Then some lingered after to take pictures. Some gave me gifts and it was SO kind of them. I haven't felt this much love and attention since my graduation from grad school in 2011. And that was a smaller affair. I was in high spirits and also led around a group of ladies as we trekked around SF. I feel so grateful and my heart is so full. I love this whole process of planning a wedding and getting ready to marry the love of my life. I didn't realize there were be so many celebrations but it's kind of amazing.
We explored the Mission, went to a Cherry Blossom Festival, ate Vietnamese hot pot, looked at my dress, and all attended my Bridal Shower Brunch Tea Party at Lovejoy's. It was SO fun. At the bridal shower, each person, all 16 of them!, filled out an advice card and one memory of me that would help me recognize who wrote it. I tried to speak to most people and mingle, but it was also a tight squeeze so kind of hard to move around, but I did it! Then some lingered after to take pictures. Some gave me gifts and it was SO kind of them. I haven't felt this much love and attention since my graduation from grad school in 2011. And that was a smaller affair. I was in high spirits and also led around a group of ladies as we trekked around SF. I feel so grateful and my heart is so full. I love this whole process of planning a wedding and getting ready to marry the love of my life. I didn't realize there were be so many celebrations but it's kind of amazing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment