Thursday, March 13, 2025

A Ball of Anxiety

I talked to my therapist today and it went really well. He is really kind, compassionate, of course, but also logical and smart. He talks about his own strategies that he uses, too, which makes things relatable. I feel better after talking to him, like relieved. He said "It IS normal to feel anxiety right now; you're planning for 2 huge life events (my wedding and moving cross-country)." He's absolutely right.

I think I need to incorporate meditation and deep breathing more. Perhaps once in the morning and once at night. That's what E does. He said that's his usual routine. I mean, I exercise, I try to eat right, I do yoga, and I try to stop and do some deep breathing (when I remember). But I think a regular meditation practice is what's missing. I think that will help so much.

Then my mom told me to have fun, relax, and enjoy my time in Memphis. That really put things in a better light! I think things at Shaklee have ramped up, but in a different way. It's a little bit more chaotic, but people are trying to find ways to give it structure. With promos lessening, it's giving way to a new way to focus projects. It's exciting but a little chaotic. Perhaps that's why I've been feeling a bit more anxiety than usual, also making tweaks to my diet is also apart of that.

I decided to post-pone my freelancing writing class. There is too much to focus on right now, and I can't give it my best. I've decided to pick it up when I move to M in August. I'll have better focus and better brain space to handle it. I think I will also create my online portfolio then, too. I might have to but a Canva subscription. But maybe I'll just have that for the heck of it too? Kind of like how A uses it for her social content.

Lately, I've been talking to P less. I wonder if it's a good thing? I mean, she always talks about problems when we talk, but so does the other P. I think it's just because they are both single women who need more friends. It's tough going through hormonal changes as well as being on your own a lot. I have to understand their situations more, I think. I think I haven't been as good of a friend as I could be to them. I can be better to them. I should be better to them.

No comments: