Saturday, October 07, 2023

You Need to Calm Down

Yes, I'm a Swiftie. I didn't think this time would happen, but as I learn more and more about Taylor and listen to her music more and more, the more I like it and the more I like her. 

I attribute this to her PR team. I think they are doing a great job highlighting Taylor in social media reels and snippets for people to see what her personality is like, what her passion for music and singing really is.

She is incredibly prolific and have won many awards. She is the Pop Queen of my generation. 

This makes me think of my own writing career. I think I was always in the shadow of other writers, or maybe I just wasn't ready, but I feel so much stronger as a writer and my creative practice being way more consistent. 

I'll be reading at a Litquake event this month, which is huge, even if I was invited to read by a good friend. I'm terribly exciting. I'm not placing too much pressure on myself, as I'm just getting my feet wet in terms of getting myself out there. 

I think I'm off to a good start.

No comments: