She took the last bite of her Snickers bar. Slightly gooey from being left out on her desk in the sun, it was chewy, too; she ate it whole heartedly. And when she was done, she licked her fingers and then wiped them on the sides of her jeans.
Now what? she thought. I have this whole day to myself. Scrap, that more than a day; I have a week whole entire week.
The boy left for a business trip this morning. At the airport, she gave me a kiss, hugged him, and told him not to get into too much trouble. "You know me: I always get into trouble," he said with a smirk. She looked into his eyes, all serious, but then her mouth turned up into a gentle smile. She left go, out of the hug, and waved him good bye. She was being tough, and independent. Not clingy. Nope, certainly not.
At home in their apartment, she sat at her kitchen table. Laptop on and ready for her. She started typing up a to do list.
No comments:
Post a Comment