Sunday, July 31, 2022

Tired

 I've been battling a Candida overgrowth for the past 6 months. It steals my energy and zest for life. But, luckily, I've been seeing a naturopath who knows what to do. So I'm taking a bunch of supplements to kill the Candida and I'm on a special diet (though I keep cheating.. ugh!). 

The special diet is tough: no sugar, no grains/starches, no dairy, no fruit. I can't just eat whatever I want right now. It feels both restricting and liberating: restricting because I have to say "no" to a lot of the high sugar foods I used to it, but liberating because it gives me structure for a plan to eat healthy. I've been losing weight, kind of rapidly, but after such a long plateau it feels good for the number on the scale to budge. But I can't focus on weight loss; that's not very healthy to do that for a prolonged period of time. And I'm trying to find my way to a healthier relationship with food.

Since 2019, I've been actively trying to change my weight. In 2019, I started eating less and thinking about portion control. I also started to go walking regularly. I lost 10 pounds that first year. Then, in 2020, I started to increase the rigor of my workouts and did intervals of jogging and walking. I also reducing my caloric intake even more and tried intermittent fasting. I lost about 20 pounds from March 2020 to June 2020--that's about 4 months, and so that is a little more than 1 pound a week. 

Now, I'm trying to shift my focus from weight loss to having a healthy relationship with food: cooking more regularly, trying to stick to the Anti-Candida Diet, and light exercise. 

Wish me luck!

No comments: