Sunday, August 07, 2022

Relationships / Friendships

 I'm 41 years old; I have a boyfriend of 14 years but I live alone; I have made and lost friends during my 13 years in the Bay Area. I have lived in the Mission and in Soma in San Francisco, and lived in Oakland in two different residencies and now I live in San Leandro.

My boyfriend is the one relationship that has remained steady through thick and thin: through my many symptoms, through trying to find the right combo of therapies and medications, and finally finding the right mix. He has seen me in the hospital, he has seen me tired, he has seen me overweight, and he's seen me at my best and brightest, although the best is yet to come.

He called out who my faux friends were, the ones who were snobby to him and treated him poorly. They are all out of my life now, except for maybe 2 friends, but thankfully they were nice to him. 

It's interesting that the friends who were mean to him are now out of my life. Like cream rising to the top, only the best of people in my life are now close to me. I hope to keep my current friends for a long, long time. I want to treat them well, I want to keep connecting with them over and over, and I want to share fun times with them in the Bay while I am here. I love my friends. I love my partner. I feel lucky to have gotten to this point.

No comments: