Sunday, November 01, 2015

Writer's Block Released!

Today is the day I start my regular, consistent writing practice! I'm so excited.

See, I went through writer's block for many years, for about 4 years total. That's a long time! To not write regularly, to not have faith in your writing, to not wish it to be something greater, something more, something even dreamy.

But my mind was active during that time. Busy getting better, getting over the wrong medicines, busy in writing workshops with fellow grad student colleagues, and busy with so many different odd jobs. You could nickname me "Odd Job," but that wouldn't be fair to everyone else in the Bay.

So, today marks the first day of my regular writing days. I'm going to start writing straight for an hour every Sunday, then perhaps followed by an hour of editing; after those two initial hours completed every Sunday, I'm going to incorporate an hour focused on publishing my writings. Sounds very organized. Methodical. It will work. I know it.

No comments: