I'm a married woman! Now I just need to go through the name change paperwork and tasks. It doesn't feel any different, now that I'm legally married, but having gone through a wedding, I would 100% do it all over again if I had to.
It was one of the happiest days I've experienced in a long, long time. I'm not really sure when the last happiest day was? Maybe the first day I met C 17 years ago, that was really exciting.
I've had a lot of hard days in the last 17 years, not b/c of C but b/c of my own stuff. I was really happy in grad school, I was really happy with my Oakland friends, and I was also really happy being best friends with A. There were tough years interspersed throughout, but I went through them as a survivor of sorts.
I'm not really sure why I'm recalling those hard time, maybe it's because I'm in a new place and I'm trying to assess where it all stands.
I do know some progress has been made:
-Successfully planned a wedding with 70-75 guests, with S's help and C's polish
-Successfully moved cross country and was able to afford it
-Successfully going into remission for a long-term ED - which is amazing and I have G to thank for it - I think the accountability and comparison in diets is helping me greatly
-Being good to C - like never before - C and I are falling in love all over again, but a different kind of love - at first it was a puppy love - but now it's a passionate, deep love
-Saving more money - aside from med stuff - but not eating out or going to Starbucks anymore, shopping way less online, and generally practicing good money habits
-My anxiety has gone way down and I'm thinking more clear-headed
Now, what should I look forward to?
-Meeting new writer friends, hopefully
-Perhaps joining a writing group somewhere and getting back to writing fiction
-Working with Y on my novellette
-Losing weight with the help of more protein
-Taking classes for copywriting and nutrition
-Working with a new care team and stabilizing
-Researching new homes
-Researching fost-adopt
There is so much I want to do and there is so much to look forward to.
The wedding was amazing. It felt like being wrapped in a blanket of love the whole day. We got to have fun, too! C and I made each other laugh during our first dance, he worded how beautiful I looked when I walked down the isle and met him, we spoke custom vows to one another, we danced to fun 80s music, we had the most incredible wedding night at the Peabody...it was all like a dream.
No comments:
Post a Comment