Wednesday, November 12, 2025

Compelled to Write

Someone recently asked me why I write, and my answer was simple: I'm compelled to write and process life through the written word. That just makes sense to me. I've been writing seriously since 2006 and I haven't really stopped - maybe took breaks - but I always come back to it, to my writing. I love it like I love a body part.

Now that the wedding is over, I had to recover for about a week or two, and shed away the thinking that I had a huge event to make fun for everyone. Luckily, people did have fun! Thank goodness. Even my brother congratulated us on a really fun night! My family is a group of tough critics, but they genuinely enjoyed themselves. I really think it was the mix of people that made it fun. Thank goodness for Tom M - I think he single-handedly entertained our wedding party.

So I've recovered, started going back to the gym and yoga and now I'm left with - "what's next?". I've signed up for a few training courses including 2 copywriting courses and 1 nutrition course. I'm not sure how helpful the copywriting courses will be, but I think I really need in client acquisition first and foremost. I am confident that I can write anything, and now it's time to test that feeling.

I'm also excited in getting a deeper dive into nutrition. After years of hearing my mom talk about the benefits of blueberries and the like, I'm ready to start my own journey into the land of benefits from food. I love to eat and eat to live, but I want to do it in a healthy way and be a role model for that, too. I also feel a great need for understanding healthy cooking, especially where I now live. But I'm not really sure how receptive people will be to that, but perhaps that's the ongoing challenge.

I can also get back to my creative writing practice! I'll be joining C's writing group again, which is great news. I hope I can stay up to be a valuable members. It will be a little on the late side, starting at 8 pm CT.

Also, I'm starting the generic of L. I'm worried but hopeful at the same time. I want to work well with the local pharmacies and my doctors and my health insurance. Although I am paying top dollar on my health insurance, but I think it's b/c I don't know any better. I'll learn as I go, I think.

No comments: