Sunday, September 07, 2025

A Healthy-er Life

I decided to spend 4 years studying nutrition. It's a huge commitment and I'm trying to start off slow and gradually increase my study - especially after the wedding. 

When I visited M over the years, while still living in the Bay, I saw a stark contrast in the amount of people who were overweight and who looked healthy. I also saw a huge trend in the elderly relatives of C who were suffering from pains - most likely due to an inflammatory diet. (Processed foods, fried foods, white flour, sugar, excess in butter and saturated fats, and so on.)

Then I saw my own mother and how vibrant of life she is living - she eats like a nutritionist, I tell people. At 78, she is thriving: going to church and being involved with her spiritual community, golfing and being apart of that older community on GI, painting, writing poetry, doing aqua-fit - she is doing so well. She is happy and content and positive.

I feel like there is a subtle war to wage while living in the South. That I'm surrounded by fast food places, and grocery stores that sell sugar-rich foods in order to just simply just taste better. 

So here I am. Finding a new direction in life. Committed to changing my own habits and relationship with food. Committed to becoming a role model for healthy eating and healthy living. I want to make a change in myself, but also help make a difference for others. Helping them to also live vibrantly.

No comments: