I'm sitting at Peet's drinking my dark roast coffee. I feel energized, yet calm and peaceful. It's not too crowded today and social distancing seems easier. I take a deep breath and let out a sign. It's been so long since I've had time off from work. I ended my last day at my previous job on Friday. It's Wednesday now, and I have this whole week off before my next job starts on Monday. This week has been busy in some ways, and relaxing in others. I am just happy to have some time to myself without the hub bub of a regular work week.
A man approaches me, he is over 6 feet tall with dark skin and beautiful eyes. He is wearing a Lakers basketball jersey - does he actually play or is he just a fan? Hmm.
"Are you using this chair?" he asks me and smiles. I feel surprised by his gentle demeanor.
"No, no. You can have the chair," I say.
"Thanks."
He takes the chair and pulls it next to an empty table that he is going to sit at.
*Rewind*
"Are you using this chair?" he asks me and smiles. I feel surprised by his gentle demeanor. "Actually, can I buy you a coffee?" he asks. I point to my half filled coffee. "Oh, gotcha," he says and seems embarrassed.
"No worries," I say. "Actually, do you want to sit and drink coffee together?" a wave of boldness surges through me.
He smiles again, a beautiful grin. "Sure, I'd like that."
***
It's 4 am and I'm wide awake. "Jesus, I have to work in 3 hours. Shit." I say aloud as I look disdainfully in the mirror at my tired eyes and bed hair.
NOTES:
-Voice driven story that is in first person
-Playing with time in which there are no regrets
-Falls in love
No comments:
Post a Comment