Monday, November 19, 2012

"When I'm 64"



To own my own book publishing company one day

I woke up one evening and realized that I wanted to be in love with words, and with publishing authors and with helping to get their words out to the public.  I was so excited about this idea that I started to call many of my friends and tell them about what I was thinking.  Many of these friends have had various experiences with publishing (books, journals, short stories, and etc), and felt comfortable and happy to share their publishing stories with me.  I hope to share more experiences and stories about publishing books, stories, ideas, and words in the future, as well as in the present!



To teach classes on publishing and writing

I love to be around great ideas and to share those ideas with others.  It is a tremendous joy to engage those around me in an intellectual pursuit, which can enlighten and expand one’s horizons.  For instance, a few years ago I lived in Seoul, South Korea and taught English as a Second Language.  It was a joyous experience that helped me to learn not only more about myself, but also about my students and the community around me.



To live, be well, be healthy, and live a happy life

I hope to live each day with vigor and vitality.  This means that I must take care of not only my body, but also my mind.  I think that it is important to eat right, to make wise decisions, and to also make regular visits to the doctor.  Therefore, with these steps in mind, I hope to live a long, healthy, and happy life.








No comments: