Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Questions over the "Beef Brouhaha" in South Korea

I just read a couple of fascinating articles about the recent protests by the South Korea people over the lifted ban on the importation of US BEEF into South Korea!

I have so many questions to ask about how this will change a lot of different areas of life for the South Korean people and for some people in the US, too?

1) How will the change of prices - the importing of US BEEF will change the price of Korean Beef - change the way people buy their beef? From the ahjummas to the restauranteers.

2) With the NOTORIOUS HISTORY of America's Meat Packing Industry, how is it that the silent voice of US BEEF importation has gone on for so long until now?

3) I'm wondering what is deemed as "safe to eat" in America and South Korea and what that decision-making process is really like.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is all about beef vs. bbq? or beef vs. unemployment? or union vs. gov.? Are you in Seoul now?