I feel myself relaxing
Freeing
In the moment, engaged
Liberated
I feel the evil
Reaching into
My heart
Tightening
Squeezing
Suffocating
No oxygen, blood pressure heightened
Systic stoli, xxxx
Pain in the heart, at the center
This is also the story of PTSD
Post
Traumatic
Stress
Disorder
Thump, thump
Lub, dub
Lub, dub
My heart reenacts
The damage
Of the horrors
Of the confusion
It clenches, tightens
Lets go
Repeat, repeat, repeat
Cycling on auto repeat
"Something's wrong,
It just don't sound the same"
Says Annie Lennox,
through the ear buds
"Kiss the rain,
and wait for the dawn"
Lub, dub
Lub, dub
Auto repeat, repeat automatic
Auto matic machine
Hooked up and bleeding
Hard core
Charred, stone cold
Your face changes in the light
My chest clenches
Oxygen restricted
Blood coursing, pushing through
Momentary release
Black energy surrounds my control
Center
Controlling
Breathing
Breath taking
Words flood my mind
What can I do
What is happening
Fight, flight, act, now, do something
Run
Thoughts running
Blood circulating
I chase my thoughts
Challenge
Question
Let go
Breathe 1, 2, 3, 4
Out 1, 2, 3, 4
Let it go
Let it go
Let it go
Release
No comments:
Post a Comment