Wednesday, September 24, 2014

On Being Positive

I'm not my best today:

My period started; Cramps are hurting my belly; My head is pounding; and I have the hiccups.

However, I cannot "afford" to get depressed. Or at least, not overwhelmingly so. Let me start again, I'm going to try and not get too down on myself, or the world, or on my world view.

Baby steps, baby steps, baby.

I'm not going to get angry, I'm not going to get agitated, and I'm not going to complain, not overwhelmingly so.

I am going to be positive. I am going to try to be better, a better person? A better something, better each day.

You know, they say depression can cause other ailments, which is really not cool. It can contribute to heart disease, cancer, and etc. I'm not really sure what else, but even body pain. Something with the cytokines. That's enough for a sadface right there.

Because sometimes I do want to feel the moody blues, to feel sad about something or maybe nothing. To get lost in a sad song on iTunes, or to have soft tears fall down on a rainy day. It feels good to just, well, feel. And that's okay, too.

No comments: