![]() |
Photo by N. J.
|
What is nostalgic to some might be an old hat from a little league baseball team, or it might be a photograph of one's grandparents in school uniforms with sepia colored stains around the edges from time.
I'm nostalgic about last night.
It was my first reading for a larger submission based reading, and it was my fifth reading performed ever. I'm reminded of my first reading ever, and last night felt like it was my first reading ever, but also something familiar, too. My very first reading was at California College of the Arts (CCA) for one of the Pizza Readings. They are weekly readings that are held during the school year on Fridays, typically after the Friday Seminars for the MFA in Writing program. I was all nervous and didn't really know what a "reading" was all about. What did people do? What do they read? How would people respond? I was excited, curious, and nervous with my stomach filled with butterflies. And flutter they did that night. And it was a lovely night!
Last night was a bit different. I was away from CCA, and it was held at a cafe, Cafe du Soleil, on Filmore Street in San Francisco. I was wearing a tight skirt, and v-neck black shirt--a shirt that means a lot to me (because someone very special gave it to me). It was my lucky charm last night.
I mustered up some courage and let my voice ring out. I tried to be loud and clear, but also express my words with some feeling and in the voice of the characters.
I felt something, something charming, something nostalgic, something shared...something leaving me feeling nostalgic the next day.
Thanks to all for sharing, sharing the moment, and sharing these memories with me.

2 comments:
:-)
<3
Post a Comment