Thursday, December 29, 2016

A few bumps in the road

This is the thing we call life:

What goes up, must come down. But I think it will go back up soon. Just a minor bump in the road.

I had an awesome time with my family during Christmas. We ate, we watched movies, we laughed, we went to church, we watched Korean dancing and we bonded. We were all so cheery and upbeat; it was a fun time for all.

I came back to a lot of fighting with my boyfriend. 3 fights in the timespan of 4 days. It's a little tough on the nervous system to go through that, actually. I need to be good to myself the next few days and perhaps even meditate to help recuperate. But this is life and this is what makes life worth living. Through the bumps you learn and grow. It's an opportunity inside a tough experience.

I think I learned that my boyfriend can be demanding, too. I need to give as much as I receive, and in return we will make one another stronger. We love one another, deeply. And I think it's only going to get deeper.

No comments: