Friday, February 27, 2015

Transience

SF is a world class city, a multicultural city, and also a very transient city. So much change, so many people-places-things-ideas changing, and so much moving and going. However, I'm not the one moving this time, nor am I the one to say "Good Bye," but perhaps more of a "See you later."

Again, my life, a revolving door, keeps turning. As someone new steps through, someone "old" steps out.

I often go back and reflect and have these check-in moments with myself, and with my life's path. One album that stays with me is Mariah Carey's "Rainbow".

Intellectual curiosity, joy, achievement, ambition, loneliness, questions, competition, anger, resentment, bitterness, emptiness, friendship, contentment, quietness.

Wonder, awe, admiration, confusion, connection, friendship, mentorship, family ties, travel, sun light, healing, growth, peace.

Excitement, memories, challenges, teaching, lessons, soju, singing, bipolar psychosis, movies, kissing, breaking up, solitude, painting, artist life, Hongdae, date rape, sickness.

Surprise, happiness, relief...
....Let's see what happens during the next chapter/phase/5 years/city/place/moment/emotion

My "rainbows".

No comments: